Meeteetse Visitor Center Director
The Meeteetse Visitor Center (MVC) DIRECTOR position is a full-time salaried position. Position will require weekend workdays. The DIRECTOR will report to the Meeteetse Visitor Center Board of Directors (BOD). This is an At-Will position. The DIRECTOR shall not hold any position in MVC which is considered a conflict of interest (i.e. budget committee, personnel committee, etc.). The DIRECTOR shall be responsible for all duties as assigned by the MVC BOD as detailed in the attached pages and may be required to perform other functions as directed by the BOD. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list nor be limited as the responsibilities and duties of the DIRECTOR. At the end of employment, the DIRECTOR will deliver all MVC property to MVC in good condition.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
DIRECTOR will oversee the daily operations of MVC to include:
- Provide tourist and relocation information, both walk-in and other forms of requests,
- Coordinate and produce all MVC events approved by BOD,
- Production, distribution and invoicing of advertisers of weekly Meeteetse Bulletin,
- Work with Secretary to prepare monthly agenda and reports for MVC meetings,
- General office procedures to include filing of documents, annual purging of files, general recordkeeping including paper and computer files,
- Prepare payroll; monthly, quarterly and annual taxes; excluding IRS annual taxes which are prepared by an accountant,
- Make bank deposits as needed,
- Order and sell ORV stickers & prepare reports,
- Keep QuickBooks entries up-to-date,
- Responsible for all procedures for the maintenance and ordering of MVC products of the Gift Shop and supervise vendor related responsibilities according to Vendor Agreement,
- Conduct an annual membership drive campaign,
- Draft any grants that are submitted to fund the operations of MVC, submit required vouchers, and research other grants that would improve the operations and events of MVC,
- Supervise other employees of the MVC to include workers in the Meeteetse Youth Worker Program,
- Keep positive communication and contact with the Meeteetse community and businesses and assist them as needed in their endeavors for the benefit of the community,
- Work with designated persons to keep the MVC website, FaceBook and any other social media platforms up-to-date with MVC information, continue to learn and train on the internal workings of all MVC media platforms,
- Maintain a clean and organized office environment.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrate ability to successfully produce events, including recruitment, organization, and delegation of volunteers.
- Experience in fundraising and/or sponsorship generation.
- Experience in grant writing.
- Strong organizational skills, leadership ability, creativity, confidence, ability to work under pressure and meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability and motivation to work independently and without onsite supervision.
- Ability to deal effectively with the public. Very strong communications and “people” skills required including diplomacy, dependability and thoroughness.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, QuickBooks and social media tools such as Facebook, Twitter, website design and maintenance. Training is available.
- Knowledge of the Meeteetse community and the surrounding area.
- One-week paid vacation to be taken during a period that is amicable to the operations of MVC and after 6 months’ probation,
- The following holidays: Memorial Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years,
- Bonuses will be based on the annual net profits of MVC,
- Comp-time will be awarded after a 6 months’ probation period of employment, with a maximum of 100 hours per year. Comp hours will be accrued quarterly and must be used by the end of the quarter following the accrual.
DIRECTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Job will be open until filled. Targeted starting date is May 1, 2019 but may be sooner depending on applications.
Starting Salary: $25,000/year
Benefits: Begin six (6) months after start date: Comp time and 1-week paid vacation as described in job description, paid holidays for Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Memorial Day.
Submit Resume and cover letter via email: email@example.com or mail to Meeteetse Visitor Center, Attn: BOD, P.O. Box 238, Meeteetse, WY 82433
Contacts: For additional information or questions regarding the position, please call Sherry Long @ 307-272-5155 or Edward Porter @ 302-275-5021.