Morrison-Maierle has an exciting opportunity for a Staff Accountant to join our Accounting Team. This full-time position may suit you if you look forward to a challenge, want to be a member of a thriving team, and strive to provide top-notch service to customers in a growing employee-owned engineering firm.
Salary: $55,000 - $75,000 with a rewarding bonus compensation program.
Primary Responsibilities include billing and revenue recognition for our engineering and technology consulting projects, general ledger accounting duties, account reconciliations, bank reconciliations, and financial report preparation.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Project cost accounting duties, including project billing, work in progress and revenue recognition, collections, backlog review, and billing rate calculations.
- Assists project managers with in-depth project financial analysis, including analyzing trends and developing customized reports.
- Project set up and closeout in accordance with firm policies and contractual obligations.
- Assists with audit preparations by ensuring requested documentation is available; assists auditors with project or general ledger-related questions.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or equivalent in relevant experience. Ideally, will have a minimum of 2 years of experience in project cost accounting.
- Understands and is able to apply intermediate to advanced-level accounting concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Strong analytical skills which include the ability to collect and analyze information, problem solve, and make decisions and recommendations based on the findings.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Must be service-oriented and be excited to work in a team environment. Must possess interpersonal skills to interface effectively with employees, managers, vendors, and clients, as well as a positive attitude and professional bearing. Demonstrate highly effective written and verbal communication skills, as well as analytical, problem-solving, decision-making, and follow-through skills. The ability to monitor and prioritize work to meet demanding deadlines. Strong organizational skills and aptitude for detail.
Location: Open to any Morrison-Maierle office location
- Depending on roles and responsibilities, a hybrid work schedule may be available.
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Stock Ownership
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account contributions
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Paid Personal and Holiday Leave
- 401(k) matching contribution
Morrison-Maierle is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
Apply online at www.m-m.net.